Whether you own or rent your home, a security system offers peace of mind against theft, fire and threats against you and your family. However, monthly fees for professionally monitored security systems may be too much for your budget and Pros and Cons.
If you’ve shopped online and called around and concluded that a professionally monitored system won’t work for you, don’t panic as you still have options. DiyProtection.ca offers great DIY home security choices with the advantages of a traditional security system at a fraction of the cost.
Pros and cons of Do-it-yourself security systems
All Do-it-yourself home security systems have their pros and cons. Before you make a decision, checkout what you need to know.
- DIY Home Security systems are usually easy to set up. This is because all the work is done before they ship it to you. Certified tech support and installation department should be standing by to help you at any given time.
- They’re wireless and require no special mounting hardware. Typical units need only a power outlet (or batteries) and a place to sit the keypad.
- Excellent choice for renters because you don’t have to drill holes in the wall to install these systems. They can be set up anywhere without damage and take them with you when you move..
- You can buy as much or as little security system as you want. Most DIY systems are modular, with components like cameras, smoke detectors and door sensors. Customize your system to include only what you want. You don’t have to pay for a one-size-fits-all package with these systems.
- Don’t lose out on professional monitoring if you choose a DIY system. The trade-off for no monthly fee is that no one’s keeping an eye on your system except you. While some companies offer monitoring to go with DIY security systems, only a select few offer professional-grade monitoring and equipment. See DiyProtection.ca
- Your system is only as good as your monitoring because, again, without professional monitoring, you’re the one doing the monitoring.
- LTE & Broadband communication (Important for monitoring)
- A smartphone app for remote monitoring lets you keep an eye on your security system, video cameras and home automation.
- Door sensors to detect when doors are opened.
- Window sensors to detect when windows are opened.
- Motion Detectors detect when something moves within a room.
- A wifi camera lets you see what’s happening live in your home.
- A high-decibel alarm scares off thieves and alerts neighbors of a problem.
- Warranty gives peace of mind without worrying about high repair costs.
- Home Automation Important to choose a system that can corporate automated devices without having to upgrade a whole new security system
While the above features are essential for a good system, a few additional features can make a good system even better.
- Professional monitoring might add a monthly fee, but it can give you a solid night’s sleep knowing that you are protected 24/7. This is important !!
- Compatibility with other smart home devices can be a great benefit if you have a smart home set up already. If you’ve invested in smart home tech, look for a security system that works with it. Find out the frequency that you need such as z wave or wifi devices and be sure to ask before you buy.
- Encryption Security: Make sure the security system is encrypted with RF Frequency that cannot be compromised like many of them over shelf products can be.
The most important question to ask is… Which system is right for you?
Well, everything that has been listed in this article clearly reflects the DiyProtection.casystem and professional monitoring plan available.
Contact us today and mention that you have read this article and receive a free smoke detector..
Call DiyProtection.ca at 1844-898-8349
Protecting Canada Since 2003